Aamir Kamal, a renowned calligrapher from Pakistan, started his work in 1997. Since then he has devoted his aggregate to Islamic calligraphy. Aamir Kamal has worked in a number of calligraphic styles, including reproduction of verses from the Qur'an, the Hadith, traditional invocations and prayers. His specialty is in the illumination of the traditional style of calligraphy using gold leaf. He mainly works on "paper" and "wasli" and recently, has started his traditional style, on "canvas".
• 1988 Matric in 2nd Division
• 1991 Intermediate in 2nd Division
• Certificate in Arabic Calligraphy
• Certificate in Calligraphy from Turkey
• 2000 Participated in an International Calligraphy Competition, IRCICA, in Turkey.
• 2000 Won 2nd Prize in a Calligraphy Competition from the President of Pakistan held by the Calligraphic Artists Guild, Lahore.
• 2001 Solo Exhibition at Croweaters Gallery, Lahore.
• 2001 Participated in the Inaugural Exhibition of Hamail Gallery, Defence, Lahore .
• 2002 Participated in an Exhibition of Islamic Calligraphy at the Lahore Museum.
• 2004 Participated in the National Exhibition of Calligraphy at Faisalabad Arts Council.
• 2004 Participated in a Calligraphy Group Exhibition at Y.M.C.A., Lahore.
• 2004 Participated in a Group Exhibition of Senior Artists at the opening inauguration of Ejaz Gallery, Lahore.
• 2005 Participated in an Exhibition of the National Calligrapher's Association of Pakistan and Ghazali Trust, Lahore.
• 2005 Participated in a Group Exhibition of Calligraphy by the Punjab Arts Council, Lahore.
• 2005 Participated in the 5th National Exhibition of Calligraphy by Aiwan-e-llm-o-Funn at Officer's Club, Gujranwala.
• 2005 Group Exhibition of the Calligrapher's Association of Pakistan held at Malaysia.
• 2005 Participated in a Group Exhibition of Calligraphy, Paintings and Sculpture by National Council of the Arts at National Art Gallery, Islamabad.
• 2006 Participated in a Group Exhibition at the opening inauguration of Hamail Gallery, Gulberg, Lahore.
• 2008 Solo show at Artscene Gallery, Karachi.
• 2009 Group Exhibition of Calligraphy at Ejaz Galleries, Lahore.
• 2009 Group Exhibition of Calligrapher's Association of Pakistan at Alhamra, Lahore.
• 2010 Solo show at Ocean Art Gallery, Gulberg, Lahore.
• 2012 International Calligraphy and conference at Punjab University.
• 2013 Calligraphy Exhibition of Ghazali Education Trust at Al-Hmarah Art Gallery.
• 2014 Solo Exhibition at Ejaz Ar Gallery Lahore.
Aamir Kamal has worked to promote the art of Islamic calligraphy. He has received numerous awards at home and abroad.